Our business began as McFarland Truck Lines, Inc. in 1940, under the ownership of George McFarland. The company started out as a fuel and oil distributor in Oakland, MN, with one straight truck. In 1954 McFarland received intrastate authority. At that time they had three straight trucks. In 1962 they received interstate authority and added two semis to the fleet.
Duane McFarland purchased the company from his father in 1979. The fleet consisted of eight tractors and twelve trailers. The company incorporated in 1985.
Glenn Baker purchased McFarland Truck Lines, Inc. in 1992 from Duane McFarland. At the time there were 31 tractors (eleven owner operators and twenty company drivers) and 80 trailers. McFarland Truck Lines, Inc. has grown considerably. We now have 92 company trucks, 10 owner operators, and 185 Reefer trailers.
We focus on delivering food and related products in the Central United States.